Sunday, November 27, 2016

24 hours: A traveler's first impression of Mississippi.

November 27, 2016.

We arrived in Mississippi yesterday afternoon.  The RV Park is clean and quiet with an excellent fenced dog park.  Today Doug and I went for a 2 1/2 hour walk with Zuma, destination: a BBQ place beside a gas station.  This is one of two signs on the entrance door to the Shell station (and they freaking mean it):

                Displaying IMG_2590.JPG

Seriously.  The other sign said: "REMOVE YOUR SUNGLASSES AND HOODIE FOR OUR PROTECTION AND YOURS".  Yikes.

And then there's this:

           Image result for mississippi signs no gays

There has been/is an outspoken battle about gay rights and human decency.  Whaat?  

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/5/miss-gov-signs-law-allowing-service-denial-gays/

This article explains that gay PEOPLE'S lifestyles go against some religious beliefs and how it is legal for gay people to be denied home rentals, service in restaurants, etc.  So, did I miss something?  What happened to LOVE THY NEIGHBOR?  Talk about setting progress back decades, years.  
What's next?  Gays Only water fountains?

Wow.  This trip is really a string of eye-opening Life Lessons.

Ya'll means ALL, Folks.  'Nuff said.  That's my blog for today.  
I have to go and extinguish the flames on my head because I'm so shocked, I'm sure my hair is on fire.  

Displaying IMG_2595.JPG

Yeh, Ya'll means ALL, Folks.  




No comments:

Post a Comment