Tuesday, February 21, 2017

At The Motel.

February 21, 2017.

I'm not going to name the Motel chain because it's not their fault that there were some shady characters staying there while Zuma and I spent a week.  I most definitely can say that it was a "life experience".  

On the good side, the motel was very clean and the staff was lovely. Accomodating, polite and friendly, Zuma trained them quickly and always scored a cookie when we went near the office.  Also, we met some super people there and will remain in contact with them. Something good comes of everything.

On the not-so-good side, it's not the motel's fault that during my week here:
Someone tried my door handle three nights in a row (he was trying every door on our floor).  Reported to office.
One evening, I went to my car to fetch something and hopped in the driver's seat.  Suddenly, two guys walked up and, right in front of my car, pulled off a drug deal!  I just sat there, bug-eyed.
Then there was the attempted car jacking in the back parking lot; I met the near-victims outside and they told me they stopped him and he was immediately evicted from the motel.
Three police cars stopped by one night; I was a bit taken aback when I met a herd of Policemen in the stairway.  They resolved the issue swiftly and quietly.  (I would have missed all this action if I didn't have to take Zuma out for walks).  I found it interesting that she didn't react to the Officers.
Oh, and I did see a housekeeper throwing up in one of the flowerbeds.  That may have been the 'flu, poor girl.

Despite having to up my caution levels:  watch all around you all the time, especially at night), take wide corners around building, always latch your door, I felt safe 'cuz I have my big ole dawg with me.  Like most canines, Zuma watches people and knows how to read them.  She's my personal "People Barometer"!  I know she would use her size and booming bark if she felt the need to step up her Security position.

























No comments:

Post a Comment