Saturday, April 15, 2017

Zuma Locked Me Out.

April 15th, 2017.

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg


Two nights ago I was invited out with some friends for the evening. We had a great time but I was worried about Zu as she'd just started the leaky plumbing medication, so I was only gone 3 1/2 hours.  

When I arrived home at 9:30, I opened the RV door and Whaaat?!, IT WOULDN'T OPEN.  I have a little light here by the camper, but barely enough to insert a couple of keys into locks I am unfamiliar with and do not use (I never lock the camper).

Well, I was sure as heck locked out and I couldn't fumble fast enough to cause any combination of keys to unlock it.  And I'd only had one beer.  Can't blame it on that.  I just couldn't see or figure out WHY this was happening.  Zuma never makes any noise but despite me calmy (falsely) assuring her "it's all good" I could hear a tiny but hugely confused whine/shuffle on the other side of the door and a whole lot of wiggling; she was probably wondering, WTF Sonia, just open the freakin' door.  But I couldn't. It was stuck shut.  I fiddled and diddled with keys and combinations of keys for the two locks I never use until my hands were shaking, worrying about Zu's plight inside our motorhome.  I called Missi. She was all set to come over but I gave it one more try with a whole new combination of keys and poof! suddenly the door magically opened!

Zu was ecstatic and she hadn't had an accident, bless her heart.  She even wanted to play before the pee. 

Once I got her out for a walk and assured her I didn't frig with the door and try to ruin her evening/whole entire life, I went inside and saw what had happened.  She had inadvertently LOCKED both locks on the camper door with her paw or her nose.  (Thank God I had the keys with me). Previously, (for the past16 months), I've never ever taken all the keys off the hook by the door but since we're in "moving mode" I thought I should keep everything with me, so, phew.  Glad I did.  Dodged that bullet.  

Like all most dogs, Zu quickly forgave me and ditched her sign saying "She abandoned me so I locked her out".

We get through these travel trials and tribulations.  Even if it does mean a bit of nail-biting and serious sweating in the shadows.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment