Friday, May 5, 2017

The End Of The Line?

April 24th, 2017.



Well, we're getting ready to head home shortly and I have to admit, it's gonna be strange to give up this lifestyle of being a gypsybumwritertravelerbloggerbucketlister wandering around
the country but it will be nice to return home to Maine.  

I admit, I've been a tad worried pretty much having a total meltdown about 're-entry' back into 'the real world'.  
I'm gonna miss our 'tiny house on wheels', the city here, the buskers, our friends and the mountains that surround us and wondering if I need to refill the propane. 
  
I've missed Emma and our house and the farm in Maine, our wonderful friends, the horses and the cats.  I'm guess I'm ready to go back to Maine.  It's just gonna be a huge lifestyle change. Thankfully, we have Emma and super friends and neighbors who take care of things when we're away.  They've made this 4-month trip-turned-unexpectedly-17-month trip possible.  The long blackboard downtown invites you to write "Things I Want To Do Before I Die".  'Have to share this with ya'll:


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

It's gonna be weird going back.  Hula Girl, our 25' motorhome is up for sale now.  The end of the line.  She's going to be stored for the Summer and, if she doesn't sell, when we return in October or November, we'll stay in her next Winter.  Or find a VRBO.  

It's been a fantastic 17 months of travel, seeing distant places, experiencing new landscapes and meeting fresh faces. Experiencing the many kindnesses of people helping travelers along the way. 


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

We've worked hard our whole lives and we know how extremely fortunate we are to be able to do this, to see so much of this great country and to share it with a non-complaining, adventurous, ginormous dog.  Best traveling companion ever.

Thank You, Doug, for making it possible. 
Thank you, Zuma, for being a humble, gracious, rock star of a dog wherever we go.  
And thank you, Donald for not having us blown off the map .... 
at least, not yet.



Today, I was in Ingle's (a grocery store here) and as I grabbed a shopping cart, they were playing one of my fave roadie songs and suddenly tears started rolling down my face:  The End of The Line.  I'm such a sap.   

As The fabulous Traveling Wilbury's sang:
"Well, it's alright, riding around in a breeze.
Well, it's alright, if you live the life you please" I totally felt I was losing it.  I've got allergies, I told the cashier.  Yeh, I have them too she empathized.  

Sooo .... I've got the youtube link here for ya'll; if you have three minutes all to yourself today, why not make yerself a hot cuppa tea or crack open a cold one, get yer hippie on and cut and paste, put yer feet up and enjoy this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA

Doug and I have agreed it's not the end of the line, we're aren't done yet.  We're just gonna take a pause, make a plan and carry on.
Before life passes us by and we're too decrepit to pull it off.
Gypsies, man, gypsies.



"Well, it's alright, even if you're old and gray,
  Well, it's alright, you've still got something to say".

Thank you, Traveling Wilburys.    
Even if your song stirred up emotions and I looked like a blubbering idiot in Ingle's.  I was blessed to have a cashier who didn't judge me for being emotional.  

If I got that song stuck in your head, well, my work is done for the day.  You're Welcome.


We're gonna miss you, Asheville.  Thank you for your gracious hospitality and for welcoming us with open arms.  
We'll be back.  

"I'm just happy to be here, happy to be alive".  Tissues, please. Happy tears.  "Remember to live and let live .... "

   

#ashevillenc #bucketlist #rvliving #travelingwilburys #endoftheline #bucketlisters #travelingwithagreatdanedog 
#tompettyhasthebestnoseever #royorbison(emptyrockingchair)butsuperbvocals #Gawdtheyweresoyoungandweren'tweall? #behappyithappened andnotsadit'sover.










  










No comments:

Post a Comment