Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Tornado Warning. That's Some Thunder.

April 5th, 2017.

It's raining like crazy here with major booming thunder and keraaazeee electric lightning and I seriously need to turn off The Freaking Weather Channel because it's making me more neurotic and more crazy than usual but I'm compelled to watch it because I have to know if we need to evacuate the RV because there are tornado warnings and we may as well be standing out on the driveway because this baby is going blow right off the map if we get smooshed by a tornado.  

No worries!  I have the whole tornado thing covered.
I've done it before.  No biggie.

A few years ago, I went to Tennessee with my friends Maxine and Irene and we had a blast.  Except for the tornado.  Yeh, thattttt was kinduv a problem.  We were sitting at Happy Hour in the hotel's lovely lobby and feeling rather relaxed, until we suddenly noticed, "Wow, it's getting really frigging windy outside" and then the people in the lobby starting getting all crazy and talking about a tornado warning that just popped up on .... you got it ... The Weather Channel.  

We'd opted to quaff a couple of 'Hurricanes' because hey, that's what you do when you're in the midst of a tornado.  And Happy Hour means 2 for 1 and the bartender recommended we try 'em. And so we did.  As we were lolled out feelin' kinda fuzzy in the lobby, hangin' out with two really fun FBI agents, it started gettin' kinduv serious outside and the hotel windows were rattling in a big way and I was wondering about the stability of the building.  
And our rental car.  

Okay, if you haven't experienced the excitement totally over-the-top high blood pressure insane RUSH (hysteria) of a 'that's too freaking close for comfort tornado', let me tell you, it ain't no picnic.  Max and I went outside to move the car from underneath what we determined to be a rather rickety rotten pine tree and we were like, totally horizontal trekking across the parking lot.  Like, nose to the ground horizontal.  Our hair roots are still recovering and that was a few years ago but guys, it was seriously windy.

The building managed to stay up and I'm convinced that is totally because I was up all night praying.  The following morning, over those disgusting styrofoam hotel waffles, we watched the tv with our mouths hanging open (possibly I was drooling syrup).  We had just missed the worst of it, there was devastation all around us.  You cannot believe what a tornado is capable of.  Barns, homes, silos and vehicles were twisted up like beer cans and thrown for miles.

So, Zu and I are being all brave and watching our fave tv channel and digging in our claws and she isn't really impressed with the power of nature but I just love it and we're havin' a big ole snuggle. We can go to the Community Center here (116 steps at a swift trot) and hide out if it gets really serious.  And believe me, it will be a very swift trot).  Hail is in the forecast and also there are announcements of tornadoes happening not far from here.  Yikes.

The Weather Channel Dudes don't have their tornado/lightning sweaters or their UGGS on yet but that's probably because they're already sweating and freaking out about this tornado and hailstone issue.  I don't know if I even believe them any more but I did count the strides to safety and we've packed our bags and I know Zu will cooperate and trot along super swiftly if it's blowing a Hoolie. 

Gawd knows, she wouldn't want to get a raindrop on her.





#tornadowarningsncgasctn, #travelingwithagreatdanedog, # ontheroadwithzuma, 




#GreatDanesdon'tlikerain, #tornadoes, #travelingwithagreatdanedog, #RVlifewithanXXLdog











  


No comments:

Post a Comment